Thursday, July 28, 2005

Rat a Tat Tat

OK, now for a gun post.

This is it. The quintessential gun. The gun people have dreamed about for years. The icon of gangster movies, the war hero's weapon of choice. The Tommy Gun.
Yeah, I know you can't get a full auto anymore, but that's not the point. It's the fact that you have this gun in your hands. Besides, it's still in the manly 45 caliber. It comes in either the classic gangster configuration or the WWII GI.
I'm torn. It's the classic gangster which I've always wanted. In fact I used to have a toy Tommy Gun. However, there's a certain charm in having a weapon that kept freedom alive during the dark days of the last century. It took out fascists and probably a few commies too. What's not to like?
They sell for about $1000-$1500. They have a violin carrying case available, but I think I'll pass.

0 comments: