Monday, August 15, 2005

Cindy Sheehan Redux

It seems that people are getting all worked up over the doings in Crawford. Well, I posted about it once, and dare I say before anyone else looked into her group's background. Or posted anything about it anyway. Never got a link from anyone either. That's OK, in fact I don't want anyone to link to this post about the woman either. It's not really supposed to be a screed, but let's see how it turns out.
Blogger La Shawn Barber posts that she wishes that conservative bloggers would stop piling on Ms Sheehan. La Shawn is a black conservative female blogger, and that's definitely a hard job. I've read her a few times and been impressed with her. Unfortunately this time I have to disagree with her to a point. I don't want to "demonize" this woman, her personal grief is unknown to me, all I can do is go by what she says and does. She has said she wants to meet the president so he can explain the rationale for the Iraq war. She's also said she doesn't want to meet with him. This from the buffoon Keith Olbermann: "OLBERMANN: Last question. It's pure politics. The nature of the media coverage you're getting now, the response from other families of soldiers killed in Iraq, all of that, from the perspective of your protest there, in a way, isn't it really better if President Bush doesn't meet with you?
SHEEHAN: I would think so, yes. I think it's great. And if he would come out right now, it would really defuse the momentum, and I don't want to give them any hints. And I think that's something they've probably already thought about."
That's right, she doesn't want to talk to him after all. They keep harping on "what's the noble cause." Well it's been spelled out now for months. The fact is that they don't want to hear. They accept no justification for any of President Bush's actions. They hate him and although they have ears, they hear not. They are so consumed with a, dare I say it, a Satanic hatred for the man that they lose all self control. Now I don't trust Bill Clinton and I opposed nearly everything he did, I still didn't rave like the Bush haters do.
As I said below, I will not criticize her for her cries of grief. I will criticize her for her associations and her words. She has allied herself with the most vile group of people among the so called "anti-war" crowd. Many of them by their own actions are not anti-war, they are just on the other side. Anyone who stands with the "insurgents" is not against war, they are siding with the enemy.
So La Shawn, I'll not blog about this woman again, unless she continues to spew invective once she leaves her "protest." If she continues to be political and not trying to assuage her personal grief, she will continue, and rightly so, to be a target.

0 comments: