Thursday, September 29, 2005

Political Thoughts

Guy at Just Charming links to a post from RightWingRocker about the New Federalist Party. Interesting idea from RWR, but I don't think anything like that will ever happen. I personally would love to see the Democrat Party dissolved, just for the joy of seeing the likes of Kennedy, Schumer, Boxer, Pelosi, Feinstein, Reid and other extreme leftists cut loose from power. But, I guess we'll never see that. Eventually someone will come to their senses and start dumping extremist like those above from the leadership. You would hope so anyway.
Guy doesn't believe it will happen either. At least not now. I really haven't created my own ideas for what exactly we must do to change the current course of government. Just because Guy or RWR or I think we're going the wrong way, many more think all's well and others want to continue the pace and speed up the direction we're going. I can support many people's ideas, I don't believe that I must necessarily come up with my own ideas from scratch.
I'm basically a Reaganite. The best president of the last century, he and the good Roosevelt. I'm not a political theoretician, I can take the best political thought and agree with it and support it, but I'm not ready to spend large amounts of time trying to articulate a new political theory. I'm not running for office, nor am I likely to either.
I do agree however that we need to control spending, the government doesn't own the money, it just prints it, it's our money. Drunken sailors and porkbarrellers need to be removed from office. Government shouldn't be providing the money to rebuild completely in places such as New Orleans, it should only provide incentives for private companies to do the work. Let's stop demonizing Halliburton and Brown and Root. Free spending liberals like you to think these companies are evil, what they really want is the patronage that results from being the hand holding the handouts. So-called conservatives are starting to do that now too. Perhaps our culture has discovered the secret we should never discover, that we can vote money for ourselves from the public treasury. Nothing good can come from this.
What do you think?