Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Springfield Armory Mil-Spec

I took a little trip to Bass Pro to price out a couple of 22s, and I stopped by the bigger bore section. Sure, they had a long row of Plastiguns, but they just don't do much for me. I had a friend offer one for sale, but I just wasn't interested. Maybe it was the name. It sounds so German, and they aren't the best of allies at the moment. Besides, I don't like the looks of "square guns."
S'wanyway, I looked up and down the racks and saw this thing. The Springfield Armory Mil-Spec. I asked to see it and held it in my hands. I once had a bb pistol that looked exactly like this. That was years ago, but it felt the same, like a friend. Unfortunately for me, the bb pistol doesn't work like the actual thing. I noticed that the safeties were on the left side of the gun. I'm left handed, so it was a bit awkward to use. The salesman assured me that it would get easier with use. Maybe, but it's still in a bad position for a lefthander. Also, it wasn't very easy to rack the slide either. Of course, because I believe in gun control, I'm sure I'll be using two hands anyway. I suppose I could learn to shoot wrong handed. Nice looking gun, nice feeling gun. Perhaps I should get one someday. Or the GI Issue. Does green make me look fat?