Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Considering Starting To Think About Considering...

possibly thinking about purchasing a gun for Sexy Girl. Meaning when I broached the subject of her learning to shoot, she didn't dismiss it out of hand this time. Now as I've said before, she's the daughter of a Philippine Army Reserve Colonel, therefore she's been in a house with guns before. She never shot the gun, or handled it, but she saw it quite a few times, and she stated that her father had used the gun on occasion when people tried to break into their home.

Think she'd be perfect for taking shooting, no? Well, no. She's bought into the "let 911 handle it mantra." Though as we've seen below, they aren't always able to be there right away. I suppose that she's seen the fun I've had when going shooting and perhaps might want to see what all the fuss is about. She's not said anything about the guns I've already purchased and I really don't tell her much either.

I've done some research about smaller handguns and believe she'd probably be more comfortable with a 9mm or smaller caliber. I don't really know yet of course until I let her try what I have. Who knows, she might love the feel of a .357 in her hand. I've heard that women shoot better than men, perhaps she'll like a large caliber gun.

S'w'anyway during my search for "mousegun" info I came across this resource: "mouseguns.com." It seems to be a veritable treasure trove of info on smaller caliber guns. I think I might spend a few hours there gathering more information. I wonder if I could find a pink gun for her....